4 things to know about keeping an accurate GMB Listing During COVID-19 Pandemic
Update March 26, 2020
We are all feeling the disruption in our lives based on the Corona Virus.
Some of us can work remotely and deliver products and services online. Customers are increasingly searching for up to date information about the status of local businesses. Their first stop is often the Google My Business profile for the business.
We have put together a list of a couple of Google My Business features that may effect your business.
Businesses can mark their listings “temporarily closed”.
The thought of doing this is unsettling. If needed, we prefer to use Special Hours to indicate your business is closed right now.
Google has disabled the Review Function.
- New reviews will not be published. A user can write a review but it will not be published publicly.
- You the business owner cannot respond to reviews.
- It is unknown if they will allow these reviews to be public once Google reactivates this feature. We believe the chances are poor.
- If you have any emails/text messages planned to reach out for reviews using mezinGO or another method, hold off until we can remove the GMB icon from the platform you are requesting a review on.
Yelp, Facebook and industry-specific review sites appear to continue to publish reviews.
Questions & Answers have been temporarily removed.
- Any new and any previously added Q&A’s from business owners and users are no longer published on the Business Profile.
- The functionality has been removed by Google until further notice.
Critical health-related businesses get priority.
- The GMB support team has reduced capacity, so any business edits that require review before publication will notice a lag.
- Other top priorities for business edits go to open and closed states, special hours, temporary closures, business descriptions, and attributes.